You can find our latest posts below or sign up to receive our latest insights to your mailbox:
Our latest posts
- Private Pension Contributions via Salary SacrificeWhat is Salary Sacrifice? Salary sacrifice is a tax efficient way to make sure that you are paying more into your pension pot. It is a contractual agreement between yourself and your Umbrella service provider or employer whereby you choose to sacrifice a specified amount of your salary into a private pension. Your overall pay… Read more: Private Pension Contributions via Salary Sacrifice
- Digesting the Budget 2021Digesting the Budget 2021 The week before last, the Chancellor announced his Budget for 2021. There was once again no mention of delaying the IR35 legislation changes and this has left many in the contracting world wondering what the lack of information on the subject means for them. So, it is safe to assume that… Read more: Digesting the Budget 2021
- EU Settlement Scheme: What does it mean for me?EU Settlement Scheme: What does it mean for me? As of 1st January , this year, the United Kingdom has officially left the European Union. This means there are a lot of changes happening this year that could affect the wider economy but more importantly will affect individuals and their livelihoods. This is mostly because… Read more: EU Settlement Scheme: What does it mean for me?
- Seven Simple Steps to IR35 Legal Compliance for RecruitersSeven Simple Steps to IR35 Legal Compliance for Recruiters The IR35 legislation changes are just around the corner. The closer we get to April 6th the more crucial it is that we all understand just what that means. We need to be confident in what responsibilities we have to take when the changes are finally… Read more: Seven Simple Steps to IR35 Legal Compliance for Recruiters
- 7 Top Tips for Zoom Interviews7 Top Tips for Zoom Interviews Zoom interviews have become the norm for anyone looking for a new role during the pandemic. You should prepare as you would for any interview, but there are some specific things you can do to improve your chances: 1. Pick a quiet space & communicate with your household Choose… Read more: 7 Top Tips for Zoom Interviews
- Contracting 2021: OutlookContracting 2021: Outlook Mark Read, Business Consultant at Husp, talks about his views on contracting in 2021. So here we are almost a month into 2021, and like every new year this one brings with it new challenges, new objectives and most importantly, new possibilities. Looking back, I think it’s safe to say that no… Read more: Contracting 2021: Outlook
- Working From Home Top TipsWorking From Home Top Tips We once again find ourselves in national lockdown, and as the pandemic continues it becomes increasingly likely that working from home will be the new normal in 2021. Whilst working from home can be a dream for some people, for others it is a far more difficult reality. So, we… Read more: Working From Home Top Tips
- Pensions – planning for your futureNoone wants to think about getting older but pensions planning for the future is vital for making sure you’re in a good position when you’re ready to retire. We all want a retirement we can enjoy without financial worries. One of the benefits of working through an umbrella company is access to workplace pensions. A… Read more: Pensions – planning for your future
- FCSA Accredited MemberWe are really pleased to be able to announce that we have now been fully accredited by the Freelancer and Contractor Services Association (FCSA) for our umbrella services. We have always kept the needs of our contractors front of mind in designing and operating our umbrella services, as well as ensuring that we are operating… Read more: FCSA Accredited Member
- Feeling under the weather?Feeling under the weather? Everything you need to know about umbrella company sick pay. Sick pay is one of the reasons contractors choose to operate through an umbrella company. The Winter period means germs everywhere and for contractors that can spell trouble. Generally for contractors, a period off work means no pay meaning people often… Read more: Feeling under the weather?
Sign up to receive all our latest insights: